At Imaging Specialists’ Women’s Imaging, we provide a private suite of advanced imaging including 3D mammography. Every Tuesday, our team shares mammography tips on ourFacebook page. Here is a look at some of the tips you need to know before scheduling your next mammogram.
1. Deodorant – Skip the deodorant before your mammogram. It can actually show up and require extra films. Imaging Specialists provides deodorant for your use after the
2. Check your Calendar – It needs to be one year plus one day between mammography appointments. This is for insurance and screening purposes.
3. Prior Records – It is helpful for our radiologists to have your prior mammogram films. If you have had a mammogram at a different location, simply fill out this form BEFORE your scheduled mammogram. We will facilitate getting your prior mammography films for you! https://www.imagingsc.com/records-release-authorization/
4. Implants – It is important to notify our team of implants when you schedule your appointment. Implants require more films, which call for a longer appointment time.
5. What to Wear – When coming in for a mammogram, make sure to wear bottoms. You need to wear clothing that is easy to remove from the waist up, as our capes are waist length.
6. Compression – Why the squeeze? Compression keeps the breast still, it makes the surface area smaller and spreads out the tissue which helps with cancer detection.
7. Nursing – If you are currently nursing or have nursed within 6 months, wait before scheduling your mammogram. Allow your breasts 6 months to return to normal before scheduling.
8. 2D vs. 3D – Unlike 2D mammography, 3D Breast Tomosynthesis takes X-ray pictures of each breast from many angles that are not available in traditional mammography.
Most important tip of all: Mammograms save lives. Your very best defense is early detection and diagnosis, made possible through an annual screening mammogram. Schedule yours today! https://www.imagingsc.com/online-appointments.
It’s a new year, and for many a perfect time to make changes. One change that many Charleston women have shown interest in is a new location for their annual mammogram. Choosing a mammography provider is a patient’s choice, and they have many options from large hospitals to locally owned facilities. Read more “Patients Ready to Make Mammography Switch in 2018”
Imaging Specialists patients not only leave with mammography results in hand, but also knowledge of increased risk due to breast density, thanks to a new law. Hope’s Law states a patient must be informed if a mammogram indicates dense breast tissue. Read more “Imaging Specialists to Educate Patients on Breast Density”
Transferring mammography records is easy.
It is my hope that this New Year finds you and your family healthy and happy. We are proud to be your choice for comprehensive imaging services. Nine years ago, we opened our doors. As both the doctors and the owners of the area’s only privately owned, free standing imaging center, we stood by the idea that healthcare delivery could and should revolve around what the patient wants. We believed in being better.
We brought the absolute best technology available today to the market. Then, we made it affordable. Not stopping there, we made it convenient. Ease of appointments, rapid results, pull up parking, transparent pricing with no hidden fees coupled with really nice people, create a five star experience. Treating our patients like family happens every day.
Our subspecialty trained radiologists are some of the best in their field. Our neuro, musculoskeletal, body, diagnostic, breast, pediatric, and interventional radiologists are your neighbors. We care about you, your family, and your friends. Expect more from your healthcare. Take the time to compare. It is your right to choose where you receive imaging services. Every day we work hard to make sure your choice is Imaging Specialists.
Michael Garovich, MD, President
For immediate release-Imaging Specialists now provides even more cutting edge technology that will help arm patients with information needed to assess their overall health: Pro-Bone Density and Body Mass Indexing tests. These tests can aid in chronic disease assessment, cardio-metabolic health assessment as well as weight management and wellness.
The GE Prodigy Pro Bone Densitometer provides rapid, excellent bone density testing and includes advanced hip analysis and vertebral assessment. Housed in the Women’s Imaging area, this test detects bone loss in its earliest stages and is the most effective way to diagnose and monitor osteoporosis. It is the most accurate in assessing fracture risk or treatment needs.
To learn more about bone density testing guidelines: https://www.imagingsc.com/dexa-scanning/
Imaging Specialists also offers Body Composition Analysis or BMI testing. In less than 5 minutes, this non-invasive scan provides patients with body composition through distinguishing fat and lean mass and detects metabolic changes. This detailed body composition testing can focus on specific body parts including arms, legs and abdomen. BMI testing aids metabolic health and provides detailed information that can help patients in making therapeutic decisions. This advanced BMI testing will cost $55.
Yearly testing for bone density and BMI will detect changes in the body as well as overall health. Imaging Specialists is a free standing, locally owned imaging facility in the greater Charleston area. Call 843.881.4020 or www.imagingsc.com to schedule an appointment.
Due to overwhelming response, TOMO Tuesday slots are full. We are so pleased to see patients taking care of their breast health. 3D Mammography remains available to all patients and many insurance companies are now covering in their policies. We are happy to help you determine if your insurance company includes 3Din conjunction with your mammography. Our out of pocket price for Tomosynthesis is competitive, should you not have insurance coverage.
We try to make scheduling your mammography easy for patients by providing an electronic request for prior authorizations. Click here https://www.imagingsc.com/records-release-authorization/ and send. We will do the rest. At Imaging Specialists, it is easy to get checked!